You can now view, edit and create Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint files and as a bonus view Adobe PDF files on your Android-powered smartphone. This has all been made possible by a company called DataViz whose Documents To Go software has been made available for the Android platform.
Some of the key features of Documents to Go for Android are:
- Download, open, save and send attachments
- Access files stored on expansion cards with built-in file browser
- Securely open password-protected files
- Supports latest Microsoft Office file formats including Office 2007
- Word To Go supports rich formatting including bold, italics, underline, font color, alignment, bulleted and numbered lists, tables, bookmarks, comments, footnotes, endnotes, track-changes, word count, find & replace, etc.
- Sheet To Go offers powerful data computation with support for 111 functions, cell, number and sheet formatting, row and column preferences, auto-fit options, freeze panes, sort, cut, copy, paste, undo, redo, etc.
- Slideshow To Go allows you to effortlessly “flick” through slides, review notes, rehearse timing and make last minute modifications to presentations when on the go.
- PDF To Go provides high-fidelity viewing of important reference materials with options for page view, word wrap, auto-rotate, bookmarks, search, select and copy text, and more…
- Quickly access recently used documents via new ‘Live Folder’
- Scrolling, panning, navigating and editing options has been optimized rendering on a small screen
- Localized in English, French, Italian, German and Spanish
Some screenshots of the Documents To Go mobile application for an Android based mobile phone:
You can download (instructions) the free version that allows viewing of MS Office files from the Android Market and later buy a key to unlock the full version to be able to create and edit MS Office files.